Monday, June 16, 2014

My first Android App!

Hi! So I have started learning Android App development few months ago. After went through some basic stuffs, I have finally made a very simple app of my own, a standard calculator. So I will cut the crap and go directly to introduce my app.

This is how my Calculator app looks like in my phone, hehe.

And the calculator user interface.

This is just a simple standard calculator that I made. I can only perform arithmetic calculation like +, -, *, and /. Below shows an example of calculation my calculator can perform.


As u can see, it follow the maths rules of performing multiplication and division first, and then addition and subtraction. And the "<-" icon means backspace in case the user need to erase. The "C" icon will reset the UI to its original stage. 

So far, the app still have some bug to solve. This are my plan for the app that yet to be done:
  1. To take care of negative number.
  2. Decorate the UI to have my own custom button style and color etc to make the UI looks better.
  3. Come out with a menu bar to let user choose whether to use scientific calculator, standard calculator, graphing calculator. (A big project for me to slowly figure out, need a long time to accomplish)
  4. Try to think of making this app useful for secondary school student, for example in my mind I am thinking to add a feature to calculate the roots of quadratic equation (incorporate this feature in my scientific calculator) and able to plot quadratic equation in my graphing calculator. (still in collecting idea stage for this).
If I can accomplish the plan above, I will be very happy and will publish my app to Google Play for download! woohoo!


That's my idea so far, I will also try to learn how to develop some games soon. So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment