Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2013 Conclusion and 2014 Resolution

There has been 2 years since I last update my blog. When I look back at my previous blog, all the memories about that time reappear in my mind. I was quite an pessimistic person at times, and I always been thinking too much and worries about things. The good thing is, I know I am getting better each and every year. I strive to be a better person and I just want everyone around me to be happy and of course including me myself.

To conclude 2013, is was clearly not the best year I had in my life. 
1)First of all, I was attracted to a girl which I know through badminton. I tried to go after her but eventually it doesn't went well. I feel sad of course and my self confident dropped a bit.

2)Secondly, due to the failure in relationship, it affected my result by a lot. I was down for a few months before everything went back to normal. My exam results for both semester in 2013 drop drastically compared to previous year. I doesn't want to blame anyone for this except myself. This incident has help me to be stronger and thank God I still graduate with first class degree. 

3)Thirdly, I encountered quite a few setback in my job applications. I applied to Intel in Penang and the manager offered me a position, But then in the last minute, they told me they were unable to hire me because the management side doesn't approve of the hiring. I guess it was because there are trying to cut human resource that time. After that, I also applied to a consulting company called Accenture. I went through their interview and after few weeks the HR told me I passed the interview and have to wait for 2 weeks for further process. However, it has been a month since then but still no reply. I did try to call them and email them but no reply at all. I was quite frustrated with this.

In short, though it was not the best year for me in 2013, I did learned a lot from the setback and I hope it help me to be a better and more complete person in the future.

About my 2014 resolution, I would like to make it simple. I will begin my new journey after CNY on 5/2/2014 as a product engineer in Western Digital. I hope I can perform well and show my value to the company. I will try my best to learn things and gain as much experience as I can. Beside career, of course I hope I can found my true love this year (although I made the same resolution last year but it doesn't work well). I believe God has a plan for everyone and I still put my faith in God. I will do my part and hope things work well this year. =)

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment